Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lighting Up Your Lives

Which light bulb to buy?  I'm old enough to remember when you didn't buy light bulbs, you got them for free from Detroit Edison.  I also remember when the only choices were incandescent bulbs or florescent ones that were for commercial uses.  Okay, and maybe the basement work room used a couple of tubes for bulbs.

Now we have an array of choices, with the old bulbs being phased out.  LED and CFL bulbs are becoming cheaper and more practical.  In Glenn Haege's article, he discusses all of these choices and the trends in the industry.

He also mentions rebate programs for DTE Energy and Consumer's Power.  I did not know about that.  If anybody has any experience with these rebates, let me know in the comments below or send me a private message.  I want to do a follow-up post about that.

Link:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140321/LIFESTYLE01/303210009/Choosing-light-bulbs-requires-some-homework

No comments:

Post a Comment