Investing in real estate is different than investing in mutual funds or gold coins. Before you get yourself in a situation you are unsituated for (like that turn of phrase?), you need to ask yourself five things:
- Do you really know what you’re getting into?
- Do you understand how real estate fits into your investment profile?
- Have you explored the risk factors?
- Are you asking the right questions?
- Are you in it for the long haul?
Actually, these five questions come courtesy of the Bigger Pockets blog, which I continue to recommend to you if you are interested in any aspect of real estate investing. The amount of content there is extraordinary.