Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lincoln Park: Demographics of a Downriver City


It's helpful to take a look at the communities in Downriver, and so we will do so every so often.  Here we can start with Lincoln Park, which is one of the core communities in the region.

Let me start by saying that I love Lincoln Park as a perfect example of Downriver. It is also an outstanding place to invest in, with houses reasonably priced, a decent group of people who want to live here, and rents that are pretty stable.  I think home prices will do well over time, especially the area south of Southfield Road.  The only caveat here is the future of municipal and school finances, which is a concern for me.

17.5% are 60 years old and over, which strikes me as a little bit lower than average.  About 30% of households have children, right on pace with the national averages.  Average income is about average, too.

I am curious about the 4% who spend more than an hour commuting to work.  Considering Lincoln Park's central location and ready access to I-75, we are talking about people who are driving to Lansing or Jackson every day.  That seems a bit far to go every day, but one out of every 25 workers here does it.

Here is a link to more information, from Zillow:

http://www.zillow.com/local-info/MI-Lincoln-Park-people/r_15805/

No comments:

Post a Comment