Monday, July 7, 2014

Tenant Red Flags

If their current place looks like this, they will live like that in your place later.

If you're a tenant, don't do these things.  If you are a landlord, watch out for these things; it will not end well.

Dave Van Horn has managed rental properties for over 25 years, and has developed some sure signs of trouble to come.  I have seen some of these signs in tenants I approved when I did not know better.  Those were the bad tenants that I later had to file eviction proceedings on.  Had I known then, I could have avoided them and saved myself a lot of money.

Easiest one: if they don't have the security deposit up front, they will have trouble paying the rent later.  I learned that one the hard way.





Link:
http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/04/24/13-red-flags-troublesome-tenants/

No comments:

Post a Comment